Monday, October 15, 2012

My last bouquet

My Last Bouquet

For the past 12 months I have bought myself flowers.  It brightened my day, my room and my life.  What I have learned from this experience is it is ok to treat myself.  I was asked recently if I would continue buying myself flowers and the answer is sometimes.  When I do purchase flowers they will definitely will be from the farmers market.  

There are three reasons:  
  1. The flowers last longer
  2. For the same amount of money or less, the bouquet is bigger, better and more beautiful
  3. I'm supporting local farmers
Here is my last bouquet before turning 40.

Flowers from the Beaverton Farmer's Market

I especially love the kale mixed in with the flowers.  You can't get that at Freddy's.  What are ways or things that you do to treat yourself?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! It's okay to treat yourself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tendency to do a whole needs or wants list. Which is great when you are saving money or limiting spending. One of the things I did not consider when creating a list of experiences was the cost. However, I find that some things are just worth it!

    ReplyDelete