Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Day at the Spa

A Day at the Spa

I have always wanted to treat myself to a full day at the spa.  I have had massages and facials and pedicures but not all at once.  The difference is having it all happen on one day.

Choosing a Spa

I looked around online.  I called a few places.  Some were really expensive and a few recommendations came in to go to Bonneville Hot Springs.  But I really didn't want to stay overnight and after a whole day at the spa I would be mush.  Driving back might be hazardous.  I have had pedicures at Coldwater Creek.  It is probably the best pedicure I have ever had and - bonus - close to my house.  No accidents on the way home.

The Treatments

After filling out the usual paperwork, I went to the changing room to put on a robe and slippers.  I headed into the waiting/relaxation room where I was brought tea, a heated neck wrap and started with a foot soak.  Sherry came out to greet me and took me back for my first set of treatments a back facial.  I have never had one and it wasn't included in the Renewal Spa Day Package, but if you are going to go all out, then why not???  It's like a facial but on your back - they cleanse, do a mask, steam your pores and extract and end with a very light massage.  Next was a sugar scrub and last was my essential facial...again cleansing, mask, steam and extractions with hand/arm massage.  I was lead back to the relaxation room where I was brought lunch.  After lunch I went back with Robin for hot stone massage.  This was my first hot stone massage.  They actually use both hot and some cold stones.  I am used to therapeutic massage so this was really different and what I might call "fluffy". After my massage I went back to the relaxation room and had more water and another heated neck wrap. Then Lindsey took me back to do my manicure and ultimate pedicure.  I'm not sure what happens during the pedicure because they place a heated neck wrap on you,  lay the chair back tuck you in and offer a eye pillow and I essentially end up taking a nap.  They wake you up with some energizing scents and back in the relaxation room with a heated neck wrap and water/tea.  

Final Thoughts

I spent basically a whole day at the spa.  I was very relaxed afterwards and had enjoyed my time.   The staff were fantastic. If I were to do this again, I would swap out the hot stone massage for swedish.

I may even have to set up a day at the spa on my trip to Mexico.


No comments:

Post a Comment