Saturday, October 20, 2012

Extra!

Be an Extra in a TV Show or Movie

Well, being an extra is not that easy for a person who works way too much.  That person would be me. I have information on who to sign up with as an extra and I did put forth my information.  However, a good friend of mine suggested I be an extra in a commercial.

So there it is.  I'm in a commercial.  It's a weather promo for a local news station.  I got there around 7 pm to check in and was told we would get started at 8 pm.  I have to say the people watching was fascinating.  There were people dressed up in UO and OSU attire.  A whole group from a martial arts school came and a woman dressed in her mermaid outfit with her entourage of fishermen and crabs.  Interestingly enough she corrected someone when they said to her that she was dressing up like a mermaid....her response...."I am a mermaid".  We will just leave it at that.

They begin by doing outtakes with the main weather guy and he is soaked.  The premise is that the rain does not stop us here in Oregon.  Which in some ways is true.  9:30 rolls around and they gather us and and pour on the rain.  It was freezing and we are supposed to be smiling.  Part way through I had to grab my fleece.  Anyhow they wanted us to cheer without sound for most outtakes.  I left around 11 soaked and frozen.

I decided for me this was not my thing.  Stand around, wait and freeze.  Who's bad idea was this??? Oh yeah, that was my idea.  Well not everything can be a fabulous experience.

The promo has come out and several people have asked if I was in it....and my answer is YES!  My less than 15 minutes (more like 5 seconds) of fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment