Sunday, September 16, 2012

Raising $1000 for Breast Cancer

Raising $1000 for Breast Cancer


I have raised money for many years for this cause through Race for the Cure, been a team captain and since last year have participated and run the the Girlfriends Half Marathon.  I have also put in $100 of my own funds to kick off the fund raising for this year.  Unfortunately, I am short by $215 and time is running out.  

If you are reading my blog....you know that I am having 39 experiences before my 40th birthday.  I need you to help me and be a part of one of the most important experiences.  It is to raise a $1000 for breast cancer research (in addition to running the Girlfriends 1/2 marathon in a sub 2 on October 14).  I am asking you to consider giving up your latte or lunch sometime this week (take your coffee/tea and/or lunch) and donate the money you would normally spend on that latte or lunch.  

11 women every week die from breast cancer in SW Washington/Oregon.  Look around at the women in your life - do they have or have they had breast cancer or maybe someone you know has passed away from cancer.  

Eleanor Roosevelt said "One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes. . . In the long run, we shape our lives and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility".  

What choice can you make today to make a difference for everyone?

http://www.active.com/donate/GirflriendsForCure12/sonyabedient

Best,

Sonya


No comments:

Post a Comment