Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hello ~ Your absence has been noticed

Where did you go???

Blogging bi-weekly

A recent reader asked when I was going to write again.  I have not one good reason as to why I haven't written....maybe a combination of excuses to being busy, having the flu, shifting from having 39 things to complete has left little to write or just being plain lazy.  Will my writing be on a more consistent basis than a quarterly financial report, lets hope so.  I can't promise anything but I would like to get back to blogging on a more regular basis....

Updates

Ankle

I'm mostly recovered from my sprain in November and am running again.  It has been a long recovery...my family (biological, skating and running), friends and co-workers has probably had enough of my grumpiness. Running really is a fantastic stress release, besides the other health benefits.  I'm just following everything my PT says.  At this point if he told me to stand on my head for an hour I would.

Sadly I will not be running the BMO Vancouver marathon in BC this coming weekend.  I will be there in support, cheering my fellow marathoners, half marathoners and running Kari in at the end.  I guess I can say at least I'm enjoying possibly the best part of the course running through Stanley park.  I will still have the fresh look at the end....rather than haggard...seeking salt and sustenance.  

I will run another marathon.  I have missed my run buddies and it feels like I'm starting to return to my old self.

Paying off my Debt

One of my goals was to pay off my credit card debt, which I can officially say I have done as of today. The extra funds that went to paying off my debt will be split into savings and extra payments to a car I just recently bought.  I was in need of a newer vehicle and bought wisely.  It feels good to not have that hanging over my head.

Tapping into my creative side

I just took another glass blowing class.....I won't give away too many details (this will be a future blog so stay tuned).

Japanese

I took Japanese II but the flu took me down and I dropped the class.  My mom and I still talk half in Japanese and English.  She just recently brought me some flash cards....so Learning Palace like of her.  My mom was notorious while I was growing up for creating homework if I did not have any.  This occurred all through grade school and even in the summers.  She and my aunt were well known in Learning Palace.  I remember summers prior to the school year learning math.  I would get in trouble for not paying attention because I already knew how to do it.  Thanks mom! Domo arigato gozaimasu.

That is the general update....more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment