Friday, November 25, 2011

A Starting Point

My first post was a starting point for me and now I need to step off...or rather leap.  So I began reviewing my list and the first thing that caught my eye was 18) Brew my own beer.   I then put in a call to my cousin, Ron.  I could rave about Ron's talents but specifically for the relevance of this post, Ron has a love for making beer and wine. He even teaches classes at U-Brew. So Ron gave me the skinny on my options; which is to brew in the small kitchen or in a large class format.  I have decided to brew a Belgian style beer in the small kitchen with a friend.  I'm excited for to share and experience this adventure with Ron. With the holidays approaching, unfortunately it looks like I will not be able to do this until the new year.

The other items on the list that are in the works are 15) Take an art class and 22) Go crabbing.  It seems opportunities are popping up literally for me.  It's amazing once I wrote and posted my list, how many things became available to me.  I received an email from living social for a deal on a glass blowing class at Live Laugh Love Glass.  Yesterday after Thanksgiving dinner, I was browsing through the ads for Black Friday and found a great sale on crab traps.  (Which I did go and buy).  

Besides getting a few things started you may be wondering if I have actually accomplished anything?  Well the answer is yes, ok sort of.  Let me begin with that there is something about flowers that really brightens a room. It adds a sense of purpose within my home and creating more of an awareness for me about the space I live in.  I went to Trader Joes and bought this bouquet.  
27) Buy a bouquet of flowers every month - November -  I'm 1/12 of the way there



No comments:

Post a Comment