Sunday, July 8, 2012

Murder Mystery

Riding on the rails

One of the experiences I have listed is to ride on a train.  Other than a train around a zoo or a park I have not been on a train in the US.  (I have been on trains in Asia and Europe).  


In the gorge, the Mt Hood Railway offers a murder mystery dinner train.  Entertainment, a meal and riding from Hood River to Park Dale would be a scenic ride.  So I recruited a few friends....ok I didn't really have to recruit.

The Recruits - Siobhan + lil' peanut, Kelli and Mary

Back up

Here to see Herman!
Before heading out to the gorge we stopped by the Sturgeon Interpretative Center at Bonneville to see Herman the Sturgeon.  Herman is about 10 feet long, around 500 lbs and close to 80 years old.  All of the sturgeon and trout in the pond were "HUGE"!  We saw Herman but it was hard to get a good picture but as I have learned you can't always capture what you experience.  Well maybe if you are a professional photographer.

Sturgeon

Next we headed to Hood River.....

Scenic Mt Hood Railroad
The train started in Hood River and we took a scenic ride to Park Dale.  There were views of the river, Mt Hood and fruit trees.  We had a nice dinner and cocktails to celebrate the occassion.  Siobhan had shirley temples to join in on the fun.

Cheers!
We stopped in Park Dale and got off the train.  Of course there were different art vendors selling their wares.  At this time the Fatale family got onto the train.

The view of Mt Hood

Who Dunnit?

The actors came through accusing and giving information.  Other passengers on the train also came through introducing themselves.  Some really got into their character and some were just plain drunk.  I had my first confession with the priest.  Although, I have been informed that this does not count.

Our Characters
I thought it was funny that the name tag that I randomly chose was Bea Styng and my handle is Sunnybee.   Some things are just meant to be.

There were two cars and so the actors roamed from car to car and towards the end of the trip, it was announced who the murderer was.  It was double homicide.

Ok looking back on my experience I have created a grading system:
  • Views A+
  • Atmosphere B-
  • Food B+
  • Entertainment C+
  • Quality Time with Friends A+++
The train ride was a little long and the murder mystery was kind of hokey, but we had fun. The most important thing was spending time with my girl friends.  


















No comments:

Post a Comment